Psalm 119:105

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP FOR MY FEET, A LIGHT ON MY PATH. Psalm 119:105

Sunday, July 8, 2012

When Plans Change

This week I was with my church's youth group. For months we had planned to go to Colorado Challenge, a week filled with challenging and fun activities, like rappelling and white water rafting. Due to forest fires, our trip was cancelled. Fortunately we were able to organize a serve trip on short notice. We went to work on homes in hot and humid New Orleans. The picture is of my work group and the home owner of the house we were working on (I learned some mean drywall skills). The house was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina and the family survived in a neighbor's attic. Anyway, it was a great week, but in different ways than the potential Colorado trip. POINT: when plans change, don't complain. Trust in God. Look for how he is leading you and what he is teaching you. What did I learn last week? I will share that with you next week. Proverbs 3:5-6.




Location:New Orleans, LA

No comments:

Post a Comment