Psalm 119:105

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP FOR MY FEET, A LIGHT ON MY PATH. Psalm 119:105

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Silence in the woods

This past week I led my TC summer camp, Outdoor Explore. I usually have about ten students. This year twenty-eight 5th through 8th graders signed up (my wife helped me lead the camp).

I save one of my favorite hikes for last. On Friday we hiked in the creek at Waterfall Glen. At one point I was so struck by the beauty of God's creation, I asked everyone to be quiet for about two minutes. Even though the group was large, everyone was quiet. We looked at and listened to nature. Students were challenged to pray and/or just contemplate God's presence and greatness. It was such a worshipful time. How about you doing this outside this summer?

Psalms 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God;

This is a camp photo, but not of Waterfall Glen:





Location:Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve, DuPage County, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment