Psalm 119:105

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP FOR MY FEET, A LIGHT ON MY PATH. Psalm 119:105

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Back to School w/ First HS Chapel!

HIGH SCHOOL CHAPEL ON THURSDAY
We reviewed the summer by asking students to stand if...
If they went somewhere they had never been before; if they had a dream about school; if they had a job; if they served at church; if they saw a really cool tree (and there were more).

Since my wife and I traveled to Australia this summer to visit my brother & family, there was a little fun quiz on Aussie words (with the help of Joel). When in Sydney, my wife and I put on our "runners" and "sunnies" and walked on the "footpaths" around the city.

The chapel theme verses were introduced: Colossians 2:6-7

With the help of video that Mr. Mitchell made and Xavier, I talked about expressing God's love in our high school community.

Chapel finished with a time of silent prayer, and as students exited the auditorium, some area youth directors were there to pass out doughnuts.

The video below is my effort at trying to be an Aussie nature guide.

NEXT WEEK
High School Tuesday: Mr. Mitchell; Thursday: Song & Prayer
Middle School Wednesday: first chapel of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment