Psalm 119:105

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP FOR MY FEET, A LIGHT ON MY PATH. Psalm 119:105

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Ocean


Recently my wife and I spent a week at a bed & breakfast in Honduras. Everyday began with sitting by the ocean. Below are some thoughts:

The ocean. After a good night's rest, we awoke to the sounds of the soothing ocean, Before breakfast I sat near the shore soaking it in. Why is the ocean so mesmerizing? How can something so powerful be so peaceful? The mighty water washes over the heart to heal a hurried life. You experience the ocean and feel peace, And why do I enjoy the view so much? There is not much to see, Two hues of blue meet miles away at a place called horizon. On one level, this could be considered boring scenery. But it is not. I keep looking out at the wide expanse of water and sky. Why? The simplicity of the scene, the gentle movement of water on such a large scale, helps me live in the moment. Past regrets, current stress and the unknown future wash away. I am left free to consider what is most important in life. To love. The creator of the ocean is calling out with unstoppable waves of love. Will I listen to the lesson of the shore? How does one live a simple, powerful, peaceful life? Love God. Love people.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment