Psalm 119:105

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP FOR MY FEET, A LIGHT ON MY PATH. Psalm 119:105

Sunday, August 4, 2013

What Gets Your Attention?

So everyday I take my d-o-g for walks. We both enjoy it but for different reasons. I like to look at the trees and just enjoy being outside. While Mia, the dog, likes to be outside, she has other interests. She loves the sights and smells of other dogs. The more the better. In fact she is laser-focused. Boy, she perks up and even walks with a little swag when another dog is near. And as I look up at the trees, Mia is busy looking down, checking out all the "fabulous" dog odors in the grass. She is never distracted from her "other dog" focus.

This may sound odd to you, but my dog's focus has challenged me to be more attentive to God. I want to natually focus. We were created to be perfectly attentive to God. I want to truly live within God's gracious invitation to live with an awareness of his presence.

So what gets your attention? What hurts your attentiveness toward God? Is living for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, front and center?

Hebrews 12:1-2, Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment